Main Forum

Important Barbercraft General Staff Guidelines

7 replies
Owner
Level 4
LEVEL 4

Barbercraft General Staff Guide

This thread was created to clear up some questions with general staff questions.
It should be noted that not every single thing a staff count encounter is on here, so there are several scenarios where the staff member would have to use their best judgment.

Punishments

Spamming
Users who spam chat, should first be warned between 2 – 3 times. After that a 5 minute mute would be appropriate. Beyond that, 45 minute. If users attempt to bypass their mute a temporary ban should be put in place, normally for a few hours. If any further punishment is needed, you MUST make a forum report explaining what happened, and how long you banned the user.

Advertising
If a user joins the server for the first time just spamming a server IP, it is likely that user will never really want to play on Barbercraft, because of this issuing a 1-3 day temp-ban seems appropriate.

Hacking
Use of a hacked client to boost a survival experience should result in a 5 day temp-ban. With their inventories and bases cleared. If a user threatens to disrupt the server via Ddos or alternative hacking methods user should promptly be perm banned and IP banned.

Griefing
If a user griefs in Safe Survival world, rollback all of the damage they’ve done. Look to this guide if you don’t yet know how to rollback: http://bit.ly/29JaHAV User should be temp-banned between 1-5 days depending on the severity of the grief. If the user were to grief in Donor creative, rollback everything that user had done and tempban between 1 day to a permanent ban depending on how severe the grief was.

Disrespect
If a user is bullying or disrespecting others, begin by first trying to defuse the situation, if unable to defuse the situation, a 30 minute mute would be in order. If the user continues to cause issues proceed to temp ban based off of your own judgment.

Voting

It is expected of staff members to vote at least every other day. The reason behind this is because it is my belief that votes can directly correlate to the growth of a server. Check out images attached for some Barbercraft stats from one voting website.
http://imgur.com/a/XfizV

Forums
It is generally a good idea to stay updated on the forums in order to get updates on the server.
Reporting
When reporting a user, be sure to write out; the username of whom you are reporting, how long that user has been punished, and what the user did with screenshots.
Requests
If a user makes a request for a star, on the server or forums feel free to add it as long as they show necessary proof.

YouTuber: Request the link for the YouTube video & make sure it’s the right person, also make sure that the IP address and website URL are in the description of the video.

Voter: Simply go to the server and type /gal votes (user) to determine how many votes they have.

Builder: Check out the builds they’ve done, if it was built by a request of staff member then it goes without saying it should count. Additionally, if the user creates the build as an advertising tool it counts as well. For example: creating a YouTube video about the build or publishing screens of the build to social media.

Donor: Unfortunately there is no longer a way to look up if a user donated through the game anymore, but you can ask Eric to check.

Posted Jul 17, 16 · OP · Last edited Jul 17, 16
List
Undo
Owner
Level 4
LEVEL 4
If anyone would like to see any changes or additions to this guide or have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Posted Jul 17, 16 · OP
Premium
Awesome if I every become staff (which I am going to try soon) I will for sure print this out :d
We all have a little rhino inside us, you just have to believe <3
Posted Jul 18, 16
Member+
Its weird how a lot of people say they read the guide in their staff applications, but theres just 2 comments here.
Posted Jul 1, 17
Premium
Level 3
LEVEL 3
There's 733 views on this post, commenting doesn't mean anything.
XXX on a killstreak
Posted Jul 1, 17
Member+
But that doesnt mean a lot of ppl dont see more than 1 time... some probably spam views... but ok, i got what you meant.
Posted Jul 1, 17
Premium
Level 2
LEVEL 2
I would like to suggest putting the punishment guide in the thread that Eric and Dax made. :)
Posted Jul 1, 17
Helper
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Helper
Ok, so I have a question. If I create a Youtube video about me speed building a map, and I use that to advertise Barbercraft, does that build automatically count for my builder star? (I'm pretty sure that this was already mentioned in the guidelines, but I just want to make sure)
Posted Jul 31, 17
List
Undo
NoticeNotices