Main Forum
Page
of 2

Server Crashes

11 replies
Every time I try to login onto the server, it seems to crash almost instantly. Is there anything that can be done, or will I never be able to play again? :'(
Posted May 3, 17 · OP
Member+
Sounds like you are in a corrupted chunk, they just need to fix that.
Desktop: CPU: i7-3770K @ 4.7Ghz // Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65 // RAM: 16GB Kingston @ 1800Mhz // GPU: GTX 680 // Case: Cooler Master Elite 310 // Storage: 1TB Seagate @ 7200RPM

Laptop: CPU: i7-4710MQ @ 2.5Ghz // RAM: 12GB @ 1600Mhz // GPU: GTX 770M // Storage: 1TB SSHD
P.S. Need a better keyboard and mouse for sure :(
Posted May 3, 17
List
Undo
Member+
Level 2
LEVEL 2
You should be able to join again. I did have to restore your area to a copy from an outdated backup. I believe I was able to replay most of the changes you've made since that backup, though. The chests were a little tricky, so please tell me or another staff member if you're missing any items.

Edit: It looks like the server is still crashing when you join. I'm a little confused because I'm able to go to the same area that you're currently in without any issues. Since the error has to do with the chunk you're in, it seems like it should crash when I enter it too. I've just deleted your player file, which might help.

Edit 2: Since deleting your player file worked, I'll delete Sarah's too.
Posted May 3, 17 · Last edited May 3, 17
List
Undo
Thanks a lot for the help! But, it seems to be messed up again! Ill stay off the server for a few more days and hopefully you guys can get it fixed! <3
Posted May 3, 17 · OP
Bronze
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Thanks a lot for the help! But, it seems to be messed up again! Ill stay off the server for a few more days and hopefully you guys can get it fixed! <3
Vany, you seem to be crashing BC still, please stay offline until further notice, thank you.
Posted May 3, 17
Will do. :) Is there any way you could give me an estimate on when I might be able to get back on? <3
Posted May 4, 17 · OP
Member+
When I was staff on a server a few years back, this same thing happened and the solution that we had was to teleport them out of the chunk.
Posted May 4, 17
Member+
Van It Should Be In This Week Or The Next Depending On How Fast They Work On It.
Posted May 4, 17
Member+
Level 2
LEVEL 2
You said you were able to go back to where you were after I deleted your player file. Did it crash as soon as you tried to do one thing in particular, or was it seemingly random?

I'm not really sure when this will get fixed. The fastest solution might be for us to move your house somewhere else. I would then delete your player files again so that you could join, and you could both be teleported to the new location. I can't get on now, but Dax can move your house if you're good with that solution. I'll actually go ahead and delete your player files again because Dax doesn't have access to do that.
1oftes.jpg
Posted May 4, 17 · Last edited May 4, 17
List
Undo
Im cool with moving the house. :d It crashed after I moved a few blocks away from the house when I went to gather wood.
Posted May 4, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices