Main Forum
Page
of 2

Notice Resigning (Staff aspirants try not to pee your pants while reading this)

10 replies
Silver
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Salutations,

Due to public outcry on the server (people have sent me quite interesting screenshots of the things people are saying about me on the server), behind my back (people being nice to me, then being sent screenshots of them saying rude things about me in private to another individual), and harassment on my Skype in regards to my disgusting month long inactivity. I will be resigning from staff on Barbercraft. I was considering burning myself at the stake, but Im just going to resign instead.

After 3 years, it's a long while due.

I started playing Minecraft when I was homebound for my entire summer due to a torn ACL. I was bored out of my mind at home and found it fun and eventually found this server. The friends I made, such as Lys, Icey, Cats, Nicky, Connor, Eagle and Cheezey (and so so so many more, these are just the ones that first came to mind), brought me to love Barbercraft. I was so excited to get staff, and worked hard to make the server a fun and positive place for all. And I accomplished that
But to be honest, I've been bored of minecraft for a while, and only kept going on Barbercraft to talk to the great friends I'd made.
However, the people that I kept going on for have all left by now (only Lys and Icey are really left), and I feel it's time I leave as well.
I'm a very busy person in my private life, juggling travel soccer and full IB Diploma candadite school load (and my irl friends and relationships seem to have never ending drama), and being active just isn't possible anymore. I never thought I'd be someone to play a game like minecraft, or skype with online friends, and text online friends, and talk to online friends everyday, but (old) Barbercraft proved me wrong. I'll always treasure the memories, laughs, and friends I've made.

It's been lovely to serve as staff member on this server for so long, but I understand the community's grave concern that 3 years of commitment is irrelevant when inactive for a few months. Thankfully, a new staff member (hold in the pee, you people know who you are) will soon take my place and finally be active every. single. day and take care of all the travesties that are committed by the average of 15 players on BC.

On a serious note, thank you Eric for placing your trust in me to be staff 3 years ago. We've been through a lot. I know I've been inactive, but whenever I came back I did my best to be helpful. I don't mean to be irreverent by this post, or take shots at Barbercraft (I am just fed up with the current active players) but I wanted to be honest about how I felt. You've been nothing but kind, funny, and helpful. Thank you, and Im sorry it ended this way. Barbercraft is not the community it used to be, and I honestly want to no part in it or the players in it (once again, people who I don't know, when I say the "players in it" I'm not talking about you <3 Just the people I do unfortunately know.)

At this point, some of the new people are a bit confused. Am I upset? Yeah. Am I rogue staff member hellbent on the destruction of BC? Absolutely not.
I dedicated countless hours into this server for 3 years, made great friendships, only to find out that several people (some who I considered friends) are just talking general shit about me, and making me out to be terrible to the new people who don't know me ("New person: Who is Corinne?" "Snake: She's never did anything. She's extremely inactive but only remains staff because she kisses up to Eric. She'll probably be demoted soon, everyone is asking for her to be demoted, and Icey too." Ooo didn't think someone would send me the screenshots?) and trying to discuss how to get Eric to demote me so that they can get staff (Yes, I was sent those screenshots too. I guess bros before hoes doesn't apply to everyone) It's a shitty feeling when you decide to start being more active, log on to enjin and skype, only to find out people you've known for a while and have spent time helping are talking shit.

Additionally, I would like to point out the fact that there are usually never more than 20 people on Barbercraft at a time. Having several staff members on to moderate 20 people is not only ridiculous, but unnecessary.
Whenever I am on, there are always other staff members on. People rarely need help, trolls rarely come on nowadays, and when someone does need help, having 3 staff members is not exactly necessary.

Also, Im just gonna go ahead and be the one who says this: people are ragging at the inactive staff because they want to be staff themselves, not because they are so concerned that the community is not being helped.
1 inactive staff being demoted = 1 new staff position open.
At least be honest. Every single person who has attacked me for being inactive, or spoken publicly about me being inactive, is obviously trying very very hard for staff.
And there's nothing wrong with that. And many of you deserve it for being so active, voting, and helpful.
But don't sit here and act like the server is in ruins due to lack of moderation and inactive staff. I was active all summer and that is simply not the case. Incidents rarely happen warranting staff attention, and when there is an issue, its with a plugin which most moderators and helpers do not know how to fix. There do not need to be multiple staff members online for the amount of people who come on barbercraft at the moment. Inactive staff is not destroying BC like so many of you act like it is. I understand the staff members who have been gone for months but never come back. And they've been removed from staff. But that wasn't good enough for you guys. I always come back and help, albeit inactively, but you still call for me to be removed because of the 'anarchy' occurring on the server with the 10 people on with only (only!) 1 staff member on to keep the peace.

On a positive note, I genuinely hope Barbercraft thrives again, and that some new staff, who meet the 14+ requirement (meaning they are in High School) , are able to be on EVERY day for SEVERAL hours a day.

Those who know me know I'm probably the most easy going person on the planet, so I think you can guess what I've been through to bring me to this lol. I pride myself in always keeping my calm, and I'm a bit upset at myself that im tarnishing my image up till now for this post.

Also, I say I dislike some of you now, but the truth is I'm a loving person and I honestly love Barbercraft and will miss all of you, even the snakes. I forgive (too easily), and I'm honestly being sincere when I say thank you and I'll miss you.
I'm upset, and I feel I have the right to be so, but I'm sorry if Ive been harsh to anyone.

SHOUTOUT TO ALL MY SHOOTERS WHO PROBABLY WILL NEVER READ THIS SINCE THEYRE INACTIVE TOO I LOVE YOU <3 <3

Corinne
AwesomeInHD
ThePoPo
#StopMCMCC
#when u always thought ur resignation post was going to be super sentimental and mention all your friends but u salty af
~ ღCorinneღ
Posted Aug 30, 17 · OP · Last edited Aug 30, 17
List
Undo
Mod
Level 4
LEVEL 4
I love you Corinne <333333. I'm proud to call you my friend and hopefully we can meet irl soon :d. Don't be a stranger and we will always be friends for life no matter the cost. I got your back and I know you got my back.

#Lorcey4Lyfe
Ps yes I remember that lol
~Lys :3
Posted Aug 30, 17
List
Undo
Gold
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Welcome to the retired staff club! 8)
Posted Aug 30, 17
List
Undo
Mod
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Can I join please?
Posted Aug 30, 17
List
Undo
Owner
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Always mad love and respect for you Corinne.

Thanks for the invaluable time and effort you've put into making Barbercraft an awesome place for all to enjoy. It honestly does blow people try to take out their friends to advance themselves - but I think you will find this in any place of hierarchy. If you ever find yourself in a situation of becoming more active and you are itching to come back to BC - we will always have a place for you. The contributions you've made to Barbercraft have been of the highest tier and again - there's nothing to be said but mad praise for that.

All the best of luck to you on your future endeavors and hey, if you swing by Michigan State hmu lol
Posted Aug 31, 17
List
Undo
Premium
Level 3
LEVEL 3
DAmn this is the saddest post ive ever read, im gunna miss u connor even if u didnt marry me
jk pls wow this is rlly emotional ily gn 4ever please come back
even though we havent known eachother for the LONGEST time you were just really charismatic and i enjoyed ur company, stay in school and become some smart thing ill miss u :') hopefuly i can have ur staff spot now that ur gone u feel me? ok ily bye ur hot bye, ill miss u wow i cant believe ur leaving BC is taking a really big hit please stay dont be active just pop by every once in a while but its ur decision im rlly sad ok bye ily KIT gimme skype nend sudes
ps. maybe its not because of inactive staff, maybe its cus ppl dont like the active ones -_('-')_-
XXX on a killstreak
Posted Sep 2, 17
List
Undo
Premium
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Can I join please?
PLEASE join them
XXX on a killstreak
Posted Sep 2, 17
Mod
Level 4
LEVEL 4
DAmn this is the saddest post ive ever read, im gunna miss u connor even if u didnt marry me
even though we havent known eachother for the LONGEST time you were just really charismatic and i enjoyed ur company, stay in school and become some smart thing ill miss u :') hopefuly i can have ur staff spot now that ur gone u feel me? ok ily bye ur hot bye, ill miss u wow i cant believe ur leaving BC is taking a really big hit please stay dont be active just pop by every once in a while but its ur decision im rlly sad ok bye ily KIT gimme skype nend sudes
ps. maybe its not because of inactive staff, maybe its cus ppl dont like the active ones -_('-')_-
Corinne isn't leaving bc...she just resigned from staff and the amount of trouble you did on the server you may not get staff unless you change for the better
~Lys :3
Posted Sep 2, 17 · Last edited Sep 2, 17
Dislike
List
Undo
Mod
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Can I join please?
PLEASE join them
Honestly might man, honestly might.
Posted Sep 2, 17
Premium
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Corinne isn't leaving bc...she just resigned from staff and the amount of trouble you did on the server you may not get staff unless you change for the better
i was jk chill
XXX on a killstreak
Posted Sep 2, 17
Dislike
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices