Main Forum

Votes By Rowdyboy02

4 replies
Helper
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Helper
Hello, BC. I am sure we all have noticed the drop in the number of players for Barbercraft. We all have heard that voting will help the server gain popularity and that we all should be voting often. Many people have a reason for not voting regularly. Whatever the reason being, I have brainstormed an action plan on how we can encourage the BC community to get the votes up. If you just want to get through this post quick I underlined main points of each paragraph for your guy's convenience.

The first step in solving a problem is first identifying it. This is what I have found, guests will join, play for an hour, become a member and in at least 4 days of voting have enough votes to get Member+. From here they either stay a Member+ or they become a donator. Once a donator the only thing encouraging them to vote would be another 80 votes to get the Voter star. Okay, so in short: There is barely any motivation for the players of Barbercraft to continue their voting so they can easily just lose interest.

My idea towards a solution: Many people will donate before they get a high number of ranks. Why? Well, I have thought about it and concluded two drives for peoples donation. First being the perks attached to the ranks, as well as the prestige included with each rank. My idea is to take both of these factors and use them as encouragement, not exclusively for donation purposes, but also for voting. In short: People donate for prestige and the perks that come with each rank. I say, use that to make people vote.

"Okay, Rowdy. Sounds good to me. Now we have down what we should do, how should we do it?" Well, great question! My idea is by using the same idea as the *'s in prefix, we use [v] (Symbol for Voter) as a suffix. We can incorporate this not only in chat but also in the Tab List. I feel like this is a nice step in the right direction because each rank Member-Owner has the chance to get this IN ADDITION to their current rank. This method of course only takes advantage of the prestige part I talked about earlier. Another plan of attack could be in addition to this, create separate ranks only obtainable via voting. I have attached pictures of what I imagined these [v] would look like and how many votes (I think) would be reasonable.

I've attached a poll to get an opinion from the rest of the BC community. PLEASE be sure to take the poll, and leave a comment giving your thoughts. And, of course... if you agree with this post give it a thumbs up!
Yes, I think this is a fantastic idea! I would definitely vote more!
6 votes
66.7%
No, absolutely not. You're insane.
2 votes
22.2%
I'm not really sure.. I have more questions/concerns about it...
1 vote
11.1%
Number of voters: 9
Attached Images
I don't always play on a MC server, but when I do... BarberCraft
Posted Oct 8, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Mod
Level 3
LEVEL 3
I'll be honest, out of most people on BC, you're one of the only ones who actually tries to do something about BC dying. And at least when you do it you don't get shouted at. Good luck with this idea, I hope for the best on it. Plus ideas like this in the future would be also good.
Posted Oct 8, 17
Premium
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Had a similar idea which was completely ignored but I agree with your points and hopefully this gets implemented :d
XXX on a killstreak
Posted Oct 12, 17
Helper
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Helper
Had a similar idea which was completely ignored but I agree with your points and hopefully this gets implemented :d

I just feel like... everyone keeps stating that BC is dying. I agree. No one is hardly on. ever. What does anyone do about it? Nothing... I feel like if just a few people actually tried to help BC. If they voted. logged on if not every day, every other. Then BC wouldn't be so bad off. People join BC everyday. New people join so often. But you never see them again. Why? There are answers and solutions to the latter. It seems like no one except a handful of people care. Tbh a handful of people is all it takes. It makes me think of the quote:

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." ~ Archimedes.

Yes, all we need is a lever and a fulcrum. I feel like this would be a step towards a good change. If it doesn't work, then we can Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. lmao. In all seriousness though, we could then re-evaluate our position in a month, 2 months. However long until we know this plan of attack isn't effective.
I don't always play on a MC server, but when I do... BarberCraft
Posted Oct 12, 17 · OP · Last edited Oct 12, 17
Mod
Level 3
LEVEL 3

I just feel like... everyone keeps stating that BC is dying. I agree. No one is hardly on. ever. What does anyone do about it? Nothing... I feel like if just a few people actually tried to help BC. If they voted. logged on if not every day, every other. Then BC wouldn't be so bad off. People join BC everyday. New people join so often. But you never see them again. Why? There are answers and solutions to the latter. It seems like no one except a handful of people care. Tbh a handful of people is all it takes. It makes me think of the quote:

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." ~ Archimedes.

Yes, all we need is a lever and a fulcrum. I feel like this would be a step towards a good change. If it doesn't work, then we can Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. lmao. In all seriousness though, we could then re-evaluate our position in a month, 2 months. However long until we know this plan of attack isn't effective.
A few people... yeah that'd be nice but first before we even try going for more active players I feel Staff need to get their shit together. I should be on tomorrow or in the days following. I'm still somewhat ill and don't really know when it will leave :cry:
Posted Oct 13, 17
List
Undo
Top Posters
NoticeNotices