List
Undo
This is extremely petty.
Posted Tue at 06:32 pm
Manager
Level 2
LEVEL 2
To be honest I have to disagree,
In the rules, it clearly says "No advertising or talking about any other servers ."
Posted Tue at 06:40 pm
Rules should act as a way to guide and benefit the server and its community. I do not believe that that rule does that, and therefore, I don't believe it should be enforced, since it actively hurts the community. I don't see what is wrong with talking about servers, and I can see specific examples where talking about them would benefitbenefit the community, that are stopped by this extremely broad and unnecessary rule.
Posted Tue at 07:01 pm
List
Undo
Helper
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Helper
Rules should act as a way to guide and benefit the server and its community. I do not believe that that rule does that, and therefore, I don't believe it should be enforced, since it actively hurts the community. I don't see what is wrong with talking about servers, and I can see specific examples where talking about them would benefitbenefit the community, that are stopped by this extremely broad and unnecessary rule.

Well.. I mean, this isn't your server therefore it isn't your rules, besides I think it's a good rule :>
but in all honesty either way you're driving people out (because of that rule)
They either leave the server because you made that rule
or they just either go to that server that the user advertised, they always have a problem.
So either way it's not like it matters, they're also just doing the best for the server, not everyone is 'perfect'.
Auto correct can go straight to he'll
Posted Tue at 07:44 pm · OP
Dislike
List
Undo
Member+
Level 2
LEVEL 2
I think you have a fair argument that casually mentioning a popular server's name shouldn't be treated the same as trying to convince people to join it. However, I'm a little curious what possible benefits talking about another server could have.
Posted Tue at 08:03 pm
List
Undo
I'm sorry for the late repsponhusihfusiklj screw speling. A scenario where mentioning servers, and even joioning them benefited a community was when a guild I joined on Hypixel, created its own server, and the existance of that, even though it does not still exist today is one of the largest reasons I still play on hypixel, because the guild bonded on that server.
Posted Wed at 05:01 pm
"Well.. I mean, this isn't your server therefore it isn't your rules," wtf? What is the point in mentioning this?
"but in all honesty either way you're driving people out (because of that rule)" Assuming that this is true, would this be considered a downside in most scenarios? "They either leave the server because you made that rule
or they just either go to that server that the user advertised, they always have a problem." People don't leave because of a rule like this- that would be in most cases, petty. However, I, for example, am more likely to leave earlier because of this rule. Also, Hypixel, and Barbercraft, do not compete much at all. Instead, that person will be more likely, if your scenario is true, to go to another survival server. Also, I was talking about Talking about other severs, not advertisement. "So either way it's not like it matters, they're also just doing the best for the server, not everyone is 'perfect'." and this is where I'm confused on what you are trying to say. If a rule actively worsens or reduces its improvement, I don't see why that rule should be enforced.
Posted Wed at 05:18 pm
Top Posters
NoticeNotices